- I always got lost in stores as a child. I still do actually.
- I got lost in Grand Central Station when I was three. One of the scariest moments of my life.
- I dislike cats. A lot.
- People think I’m 18. I was asked to present my ID at the movie theater and when I asked the guy if I really looked 17, he said, “Yea, about that age.”
- No matter how hard I try to, I do not like onions.
- Or peanut butter. Unless it’s on bread pared with strawberry jam.
- Around the age of 8, I stole a candy bar from a store.
- I also stole a bunch of pennies from my mother. I put them in a cup in my room and when she asked me how I got them, I told her I found them. She obviously caught me in my not-so-good lie.
- I have never said “I love you” to a guy. Except this one time, I told a boyfriend I loved him because I didn’t know what to say after he said it to me. After I hung up the phone, I called him back to tell him I’d lied about loving him.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when people use “loose” instead of “lose”. And vice versa.
11. I bite my nails religiously.
12. Horror is my favourite genre of movie. Chick flick is my least favourite.
13. I also love action/suspense movies. Comedies are last on my list of favourite genres.
14. I think people use the words “love” and “hate” too loosely.
15. I am trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. I was inspired by Missy Higgins.
16. I can rap “Lose Yourself” by Eminem almost as well as he can. Almost.
17. I suffer from Acrophobia and Nyctophobia. This is a personal diagnosis.
18. I really wanted to have a cast when I was little so I tried to break my own arm by jumping off my bed backwards. It didn’t work.
19. I learned to tie my shoes in Australia.
20. I try to use proper spelling and punctuation in my text messages.
21. I am more tired if I sleep for 8+ hours than if I sleep for six [or less] hours.
22. My first car was a 1995 red, two-door, Toyota Tercel.
23. I love foreign language films. I think having the captions keeps my attention longer.
24. I have ADD.
25. I’m a Christmas junkie. I have over three large totes full of Christmas decorations.
26. Penguins are my favourite animal. I think lions are overrated.
27. I’m the worlds worst dancer. When I start dancing, my two-year old niece laughs at me and then tries to “show me up”. She succeeds every time.
28. My first word was “baby”.
29. I collect: movie ticket stubs, fortunes from Fortune Cookies, old photographs, and vintage cameras.
30. As much as I can’t wait for it to happen, I am terrified of marriage. Commitment in general. I think this is simply because marriage is a huge commitment, a LIFETIME one and it’s not to be taken lightly. Everyone (myself included) says that when I meet “the one” my mind will be changed. Now I just need to find him…
31. I think he got lost and is refusing to ask for directions…
32. I rarely wash my hair everyday.
33. My newest addiction is to Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad.
34. I really wish I could be one of those Indy-Bohemian-Vintage Wearing-Guitar Playing-Musicians. Like Missy Higgins or Brandi Carlile. I feel as though I’d be a major poser though.
35. I choked on a piece of candy when I was eight. My grandpa performed the Heimlich on me. Another one of the scariest moment of my life.
36. I am very clumsy. If there is a crack in a sidewalk, I will trip on it. If there is ice on the ground, I will slip on it.
37. I am the Queen of random and useless facts.
38. I have the mind of a 14 year old boy.
39. I have one of the worst short-term memories of anyone in my age group.
40. I talk in movie quotes.
41. Swedish Fish, Violet Crumble [an Australian candy bar], Turkish Delight, and Toblerone are my favourite candies.
42. I have ADD and fidget a lot. I have to be doing something with my hands at all times.
43. I once grew 4″ in one year. I went from 5’3″ to 5’7″ when I was 15. I’ve grown one more inch since then.
44. According to an extensive personality profile I took a few years ago, I am an INTJ. It states, “your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically…this makes INTJ’s excellent scientists.” I have never taken a personality profile that described me so well. It’s weird. Though due to my lack of focus, I would make a horrible scientist.
45. I’m trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. I used to play the violin.
46. Lobster and scallops are my favourite kind of seafood. I also like oysters [on the half-shell] and calamari. I do not like salmon. Unless it’s Salmon Ngiri (sushi).
47. I have been in three car accidents since getting my license [in 2002]. None of which were my fault.
48. I have never broken a bone or had extensive surgery.
49. I did have a tumor removed from my nasal cavity when I was 15.
50. I would love to be a cop [especially undercover] but I don’t think I’m assertive and tough enough.
51. I hate amusement parks and roller coasters. They’re overcrowded, hot and stinky.
52. I hate window shopping. I’d rather be ignorant to all the pretty things that I can’t afford rather than be tempted to spend [all] my money on something.
53. Missy Higgins is my new favourite musician. She’s a fellow Aussie which makes her even cooler.
54. My friends call me the Grammar and Spelling Nazi.
55. My favourite cookies are my mum’s Scottish Shortbread. Followed closely by ANZAC Biscuits.
56. I alphabetize my DVD’s. I also colour-coordinate my t-shirts in my dresser drawers and organize my closet by length of shirt [in order: Tanks, Short-Sleeve Dress Shirts, Long-Sleeve Dress Shirts, Button Down Shirts, Short-Sleeve Sweaters, Long-Sleeve Sweaters, Non-Hooded Pullovers, Non-Hooded Zip-Up Sweatshirts, Hooded Zip-Up Sweatshirts, and finally, Hoodies].
57. I don’t know what to do when people start crying. I get really uncomfortable and nervous.
58. When I am in a car, not driving obviously, I become Narcoleptic. No matter how hard I try, I always fall asleep.
59. I already have names picked out for my future children.
60. I would like 3 or 4 children. If I could choose, I’d want 2 or 3 boys and then a girl. Or, 2 boys and then twin girls. But obviously, I’ll be more than happy with what I’m blessed with.
61. I really want twins. Preferably girl twins.
62. I often day dream about my future family. What my husband will be like. What my kids will look like and their personalities. It makes me homesick for a life I don’t even have yet.
63. Sometimes I worry that #62 will never happen. Then again, deep down inside I know God will bless me with this dream someday. I just need to be patient and trust Him. He will send Mr. Right when I’m ready for him.
64. I busted open my eyebrow playing hockey in middle school. Some kid high-sticked and clipped me in the eyebrow. Blood gushed all over the place. I had to go to the ER. Just so you know, blood burns when it get in your eye. I wouldn’t advise it.
65. The scariest moment of my life was when my niece was rushed to the hospital at the age of 2. She had a Febrile Seizure. We all crowded in the waiting room. When we were finally able to go in, she wouldn’t stop crying until I held her and rocked her to sleep. The image of seeing Little Monkey connected to an IV, pale and drugged will never leave my memory.
66. I can never spell “definately” right. See? It’s supposed to say “definitely”, “it” not “at”. Argh.
67. My favourite flavour of Juicy Juice was AppleGrape. Sadly they no longer make this. Now my favourite is Punch.
68. Juicy Juice is the only juice I buy.
69. I hate it when people tell me I’m quiet, I know this already. Especially if the person does not know me very well or at all.
70. I never judge people by their pasts. I’ve been told by several people, that I am the “kindest, least judgmental person they have ever met”. This makes me very happy. As long as your past is your past or you are attempting to fix your past, I will never hold it against you. Ever.
71. I have very big feet. I wear between a size 10 and 11 in womens. That’s a 9.5 to 10.5 in mens.
72. If I hear a song I like on the radio, I will download it and listen to it over and over again.
73. I can memorize an entire song after listening to it twice. I can memorize movie quotes after watching a movie once. Yet, I cannot, for the life of me, memorize anything else. I’ve even tried studying with music and replacing lyrics with my notes. It didn’t work. I ended up having the song in my head during the test and nothing else. Fail.
74. I hate mornings and tend to be a bit grouchy. If I can get up on my own and “wake up” I am fine. If you try and talk to me right after I get out of bed, I tend act as if you don’t even exist. If you are persistent enough, I may give you a dirty look or two. A may even throw in a harsh word if you continue long enough.
75. When I’m at a store, specifically clothing stores, I have to touch everything. I don’t know why. I never realized it until someone pointed it out to me.
76. I love Classical music and would love to go to a Symphony or an Orchestra again. I’d also like to go to an Opera. Though I don’t know how long I would be able to stay for. I can only take so much.
77. I would love to write a novel one day. It’s on my bucket list. I have a couple of books started but I lose interest for a few months. When I go back it takes me awhile to remember why and what I was writing about.
78. I am very unemotional outwardly. I am a very emotional and empathetic person, however, on the outside it doesn’t show. This is something I do not like about myself. I wish I could show my true emotions but I can’t. I try but I feel awkward and self-conscious. If you’ve seen me cry, consider us very close!
79. I can’t watch people brush their teeth. If I’m watching a movie or TV and someone brushes their teeth, I have to look away. It grosses me out. Furthermore, I cannot brush my teeth in front of others. I will wait, awkwardly, until the bathroom is clear before I brush my pearly whites.
80. Movies that make me cry: Forrest Gump. Little Women. My Girl. Cast Away. Tuck Everlasting. Waiting for Superman.
81. I hate eating leftovers. With a passion. Gross.
82. Chex Mix Dark is my favourite snack item. It’s sort of an addiction.
83. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for a Klondike Bar. Especially the double chocolate ones.
84. I suck at returning movies on time. I almost always have a late charge on my account.
85. My two favourite TV shows are Bones and 30 Rock. I also like The Killing, Law & Order: SVU, and House Hunters.
86. My favourite board game is LIFE. I also like Monopoly. However, I lose interest in it since it takes so long.
87. My favourite computer game is The Sims3.
88. My favourite icecream is “Salty Caramel” from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. My favourite sundae is the “Black & Tan”. I also love “Roxbury Road”.
89. I love cheese. Especially melted cheese. Mmm. My favourite cheeses are muenster, mozzarella, and brie.
90. I love movie soundtracks. My favourites are Little Women, The Last of the Mohicans, and Braveheart.
91. I have never been to a hockey game but would love to more than any other sport. I would also love to go see a professional rugby game.
92. I do not like concerts. I find them too loud and crowded. I think I would enjoy an outdoor concert though.
93. I hate being on the inside seat at a movie theater. It makes me nervous thinking that I couldn’t reach the exit quickly. When I enter the theater room and pick my seat, I make an escape plan in my head. Just in case.
94. I really want to get my nose pierced. Maybe this summer?
95. New York style pizza is my favourite.
96. I love seafood. Lobster, scallops, oysters, shrimp, calamari; the whole shebang! I’m not a big fan of fish though.
97. It has taken me nearly a month to come up with 101 random facts about myself.
98. I get really bad knots in my lower back. Sometimes they are so bad that it feels like I have golf balls under my skin. I can’t lie down on my back on hard surfaces either, it’s too painful to try and get up.
99. I love to go antiquing. I find it fascinating to think of how many people used those specific items. How much history they have seen.
100. I love history. It’s one of my top three favourite subjects. The others are English and Art.
101. I peed my pants at a friends house in 8th grade. It was after softball practice and we were out playing catch in the yard. I really had to pee but thought I could hold it until my mum came. She made me laugh really hard and I just couldn’t stop the pee from coming out. She didn’t notice and it wasn’t until I told her that story over ten years later that she knew about it.
102. I have to eat my french fries from Wendy’s with Wendy’s BBQ sauce.
103. I hate cooked carrots but love them raw. I also love raw green beans fresh from the garden.
104. I have a very strong sense of smell. I can smell things most people can’t. I also have a very strong sense of taste as well.
105. I hate basketball. Watching it, playing it, everything about it. I also dislike football. I enjoy playing football for fun but I hate to watch it. The fact that 5 minutes on the clock will stay for an hour drives me insane. What’s the purpose of keeping time if you aren’t actually keeping time?
106. Sometimes I wish I could go back to high school as I am now. I think I would enjoy it a lot more.
107. I hated ketchup until recently. Now I love it.
108. I only eat Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on my sandwiches.
109. I love cheesecake more than any other dessert.
110. I will only eat my mum’s chili.
111. I have never in my life ever wanted to be a princess. Too many restrictions, i.e. Ariel couldn’t go to the surface, Jasmine couldn’t leave the castle. Also having someone constantly wanting to kill me didn’t seem exciting either, i.e. Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Apparently I was a realistic thinker during my informative years.
112. I don’t talk very much on average and so when I do talk a lot, my throat hurts afterwards.
113. I hate odd numbers.
114. I’ve always wanted to get married in October. 10.11.12 would be a cool date but since I hate odd numbers I couldn’t. It would bother me too much. Plus 10.11.12 is a Thursday. A Thursday would be a bad day to get married since nobody would come.
115. I would rather go “extreme” camping, [i.e. hiking and sleeping wherever, fishing/hunting for our own food] rather than go on a cruise or a tropical vacation.
116. I think it would be a really cute/romantic thing to rent a cabin in the woods during the winter and hang out for a weekend. Play board games, watch movies, build snowmen, have a snowball fight, etc.
117. I think our societies view of what is romantic is really lame and cheesy, i.e. flowers, jewelry, candlelit dinners, Hallmark cards, etc. I would rather receive a homemade card with a cheesy poem in it, have a picnic at a remote location and then finish up by laying out under the stars talking. That is a million times more romantic than a bouquet of flowers and diamond earrings.
118. I would rather have a few handpicked wild flowers than a bouquet of store bought flowers.
119. I have a huge crush on Jack Black. Especially when he played in Nacho Libre and School of Rock.
120. I like beards.
121. I prefer small houses to big ones. I think small houses make families closer. Having to share bedrooms and bathrooms and such. Plus it prepares you for college/roommates later on in life.
122. I get a stomach ache 75% of the time after eating. I hate it.
123. Because of #122, I hate going on dinner dates. I can’t relax and worry constantly about getting sick.
124. I have never once passed gas in front of a significant other (or a friend). The first non-family member I tooted in front of was my brother’s girlfriend, Jamie and it was a total accident. Needless to say I was quite embarrassed. She thought it was hilarious.
125. I can’t sleep with my bedroom door open or without making sure the front door is locked.
126. I can’t keep my eyes closed in the shower for more than a few seconds at a time. It freaks me out too much.
127. I hate loud noises (i.e. loud trucks, motorbikes, etc). My heart rate goes up and my breathing quickens.
128. I think most flowers smell weird.
129. I want to be a history teacher. Start in high school and eventually become a professor.
130. I think people use excuses from their past to justify their current behaviour too often. I get it, I have a past too. It’s difficult to get past those “issues” associated with crappy pasts. But I think there comes a point when personal responsibility needs to take over. For me, it was just a recent revelation. So I promise I’m not judging or saying this without first-hand experience/knowledge.
131. I have a ton of freckles on my face, shoulders, arms…even a few on my fingers and legs. I love them.